Upcoming Clerking Schools
There are no clerking schools scheduled at the moment.
Clerking School Authorization
To be accredited, CFA Clerking Schools must be authorized by the CFA Clerking Chair, as well as notifying the CFA Clerking Administrator at Central Office. Clerking Schools must be sponsored, and taught by approved instructors. The school may be sponsored by a club, a CFA Regional Director, or individual instructor. The school may be restricted to only members of the sponsoring club or region, or may be open to all interested students who wish to attend.
CFA Clerking Schools may be conducted by a currently licensed Master Clerking working towards advancement to MCI (Master Clerk Instructor), a currently licensed Master Clerk Instructor, or an Approved Allbreed or Specialty CFA Judge.
Written requests for Clerking School authorization must be submitted to the Clerking Chairperson (Cheryl Coleman) and CFA Clerking Department (Shirley Michaud-Dent) by either the sponsor or instructor no later than thirty (30) days prior to the date of the school. The authorization request shall include all of the following items of information:
- Sponsor of the school (club, Regional Director, Instructor)
- Date of the school
- Location of the school (city and facility)
- Name of the Instructor-in-Charge
- Name of assistant instructor (if any)
- Scheduled hours for the school
- Will school be restricted to members of the sponsoring club or open to all?
- Fee to be charged each student (will food be included?)
- Entry person for the school
- Person to contact for information regarding the school
- Closing date for the school